Subject: [Leica] IMG: PAW 46 (ric)
From: ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Wed Nov 19 15:32:30 2008

Week 46:

Garland won a woodworking blue ribbon at the NC State Fair -- his
entry was his own coffin. In this photo, Garland is showing me how he
plans to be laid out: thumbs up on his left hand (his trademark on his
construction jobs over a lifetime) and his old Mason's trowel
(operative and speculative) in his right hand.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/46/46-coffin.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/5tobv7

Gustav Borglum crafted Mount Rushmore (My favorite stupid question is
still often asked there: Who discovered it?). He also did a couple of
bronzes on the square of our state Capitol. Craftsmen from his museum
in the Dakotas recently came to copy the statues. This one is of
Charles B. Aycock, our "Education Governor" from the early 20th century.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/46/46-aycock.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/5atgzt

A 30-second portrait from Raleigh:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/46/46-rag.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/5oun9g

Raleigh may have more Sabrett carts than necessary. After two hot dog
vendors ended up on People's Court a few years ago, the city started
requiring assigned spots.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/46/46-sabrett.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/5uznla

A cold front gave us an early taste of winter and holiday chill.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/46/46-holiday.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/62ccay

Other scenes from the rainy days and evenings:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/46/46-bench.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/5vprjw

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/ricc/2008/46/46-red.jpg.html>
http://tinyurl.com/6h63hq