Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 03/11/2008: Danish bagerjomfru
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan)
Date: Mon Nov 3 22:30:43 2008

Visiting Denmark this week, and taking pictures of course. Yesterday
morning I walked to the local bakery with my friend. Danish bakeries
are the best in the world. Traditionally they were family businesses,
with the father baking the bread in the wee hours of the morning, and
then leaving the shop in the hands of his wife and a usually also a
young girl to help out. In fact, the traditional name of the girl
selling bread in a bakery is "bagerjomfru", literally translated
"baker virgin". I don't know if this one is a virgin (didn't ask...)
but the bread we bought was delicious in any event:

http://www.greatpix.eu/gallery/4253606_netUM#409726187_TYB7U-O-LB

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain