Subject: [Leica] why do bombs whistle?
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sat Nov 1 14:16:30 2008

At 05:05 PM 11/1/2008, you wrote:
>To keep this a legit post, I almost sold my M8.
>But didn't :)
>
>Eric

Because if you sell your M8 you will hear the bombs whistle!  It's a
danger sign that you are doing something wrong!

Google:

"All bombs make a noise. Its due to a few things, mainly the
stabilizing fins at the end of the bomb at the end of the . But, even
if they didn't have the fins, they would make some noise because the
bulk of the bomb would displace the air around it as it fell to the
target and this displacement would make noise."

"Some bombs were also designed to create a noise as they fell in
order to instill fear."

You should feel fear if you plan to sell your M8!

Tina