Subject: [Leica] Weird problem
From: freakscene at weirdness.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Thu Sep 11 16:40:54 2008

My M8 does this occasionally (maybe once per 1500 shots) and not only during
long exposures.  I also always format the cards in-camera, fill, copy off
and re-format.  I just figured it was another aspect of Leica's status as
relative amateurs with electronics.  I'll post a gallery of M8 weirdness
when I get some time; I have some really good ones.

One thing I noticed - mine has never done it mounted on a microscope; this
may reflect the slow rate of shooting, the climate control of the
environment, the use of a cable release or any other number of things,
including the lack of electromagnetic interference in the lab due to thick
walls and shielding.

I find myself, possibly unsurprisingly, using my MP and M7 more than the M8.

Marty

Gallery:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/freakscene

--