Subject: [Leica] Is Lightroom 2.0 Really Shipping?
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun Aug 17 05:47:16 2008

At 01:46 AM 8/17/2008, you wrote:
>As for LR2 being a totally different program than LR 1.4, I do not
>agree with Tina. I installed it at the end of July, in about 10
>minutes my catalogue with 7500 images was converted, and the look and
>feel is pretty much the same, with some subtle changes, mostly for the
>better.
>Nathan
>
>Nathan Wajsman

Nathan -  My point was that if you only tried LR 1.4 and were judging
the program by that, you might find 2.0 to be a totally different
experience.  So much is improved.  It is much faster, there are many
more very handy tools, the Auto setting are vastly improved.  The way
that catalogs and folders are handled in 2.0 and the fact that LR now
identifies where the original files are stored made it possible for
me to use LR as a database to replace iView.  I used the beta version
of 2.0 since it came out, but the actual 2.0 is much, much better.  I
think Wade and his team did a fantastic job.  I can't think of many
ways I'd improve LR 2.0, but I'm sure just as PhotoShop has improved
since the first version, LR will continue to be improved.

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Is Lightroom 2.0 Really Shipping?)