Subject: [Leica] Erwin telling it like it may be
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Feb 28 01:33:17 2008

> though i agree that leica makes good optics may be the best; they also
> charge a premium and i argue that for these kind of prices nikon or
> canon could also do as good of job or better using their own staff.

I totally agree.
If Nikon, Canon, Pentax, Olympus came out with a 4 thousand dollar 50mm f1.4
it would be worth 4 thousand dollars.
And perhaps compete nicely against Leicas 4 thousand dollar 50mm 1.4

But they don't!

I'd be rooting for Leica's expertise and thinking Leica might win out but
who knows?

They come out with a $269 50mm 1.4 glass.
Worth every penny.
Probalby really worth 3 or 4 HUNDRED or more.

But not 3 or 4 THOUSAND!

Pentax makes theses JUICY LIMITED glass series and pancakes..
A 31, 43 and 77mm!!!

But all under a grand each.

Very tempting.

Mark William Rabiner