Subject: [Leica] My new Tel Aviv streets series ...
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Tue Nov 20 13:52:06 2007

I experienced a similar feeling when viewing the series. I believe
that one of the reasons "street" photographers often choose medium to
very wide angle lenses rests in the ability to create strong
foreground background relationships; achieving both an intimacy with
the subject (usually people) along with a  significant amount of the
environment in which they're interacting.

The scale relationships of people to environment, as they interact in
these compositions leave me wondering if the architecture or the
folks are the intended subject. Many of the images seem to lack a
strong focal point. I do enjoy the texture and tonality of the
series; yet I don't feel drawn into the scene; almost as if I'm up
against an invisible fence.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@imagist.com