Subject: [Leica] IMG : #121 & #122
From: geebee at geebeephoto.com (geebee)
Date: Wed May 16 10:00:25 2007

 From: "Jeff S. Matsler" <jeffmatsler@amaonline.com>
To: "Leica Users Group" <lug@leica-users.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 4:14 PM
Subject: Re: [Leica] IMG : #121 & #122

> Graham,
>
> 122 is lovely.
>
> Are those clouds like that on the negative, or have they been burned /
> dodged?
>
> If so, darkroom or computer?
>
> Not a critique, just wondering how you get such lovely shots time after
> time.  I want to make shots like this.
>
> Jeff M
>
>> Olympus OM2 SP : Zuiko 135mm f2.8 : green filter : Kodak Professional
>> BW400 CN
>> http://www.geebeephoto.com/2007/07122.htm

Jeff,

The green filter held enough in the sky for me to be able to 'burn' it in
when I had the scanned negative in PhotoShop. An orange
or red would have made more impact on the sky but would have darkened all
the foliage and I wanted that 'silvery' look that the
green filter gives me. Although I darkened the sky from the scan that is
about how it looked on the day. I don't always have good
skies to shoot. It may seem that way but if the sky isn't good I don't shoot
it :-)

Thanks for looking.

--Graham

Replies: Reply from jeffmatsler at amaonline.com (Jeff S. Matsler) ([Leica] IMG : #121 & #122)