Subject: [Leica] Raleigh Street Photos
From: ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter)
Date: Sat Mar 17 11:20:48 2007

On Mar 17, 2007, at 1:17 PM, Daniel Ridings wrote:

> I looks like you are able to interact freely with these people

I'm getting to know some of these folks and becoming recognized as
one of the regulars (outcast air?). I'm surprised at how many
strangers ask to have their photos taken. I often ask permission to
shoot with an upheld camera and arched eyebrows. Most answers are
affirmative.

I take prints to those who are easily found. George the Greek, (hot
dog man) even gave me a sausage dog the other day after I carried him
photos..

Like other places I've lived (this being the largest), I'm really
learning to make this town (population about 360,000 and a state
capital) a home.

> (I get a scary feeling when I write "these people" ... it's an
> idiom in Zimbabwe).

What's the idiom? There is a certain "outcast" air to some recurring
characters.

> So you are part of the shot ... but somehow I think it will go
> further. This time it's "a good time for all", but another time
> there might be a more serious tone, perhaps.

May be.

> I for one would like to see more.

I promise you will.

Thanks for looking.