Subject: [Leica] Re: Spotmatic
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Mar 9 11:18:37 2007

On 3/9/07 6:08 AM, "Daniel Ridings" <dlridings@gmail.com> typed:

> I still have (access) to my Spotmatics, one chrome and one black
> paint. My brother has them.
>
> I took out Rebecca's (my daughter's) Pentax istDL last week with
> 28/2.8 AF Pentax lens on it.
>
> Very, very comfortable SLR. It is the only SLR I could really consider
> carrying around instead of an M-body. I agree Nick.
>
> The quality of Pentax lenses have always been top notch too. I am
> really happy to see them still around on the market.
>
> Daniel

Its the same size as the Nikon D40 or darned close. Which last night was
upped to the D40+.
>From 6 to 10.5 megapixels. I think that sells me. And that was the very
issue holding me back. I couldn't go back to 6 megapixels. Other than now I
have to get those other smaller kind of memory cards. The kind which worked
in my old Digilux which looks like an Argus.

I think with the 4/3's system as soon as everybody buys the cameras;
They'll introduce the compact models.

And they I think all take the little cards. Which have plenty of megabytes
in them now I think. Gigs.

Mark Rabiner
8A/109s
New York, NY