Subject: [Leica] What Desktop Computer to Buy These Days?
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Thu Feb 1 12:26:02 2007

In a message dated 2/1/2007 1:56:41 P.M. Central Standard Time,
abridge@gmail.com writes:

But this  would be a machine whose video card uses some of main memory
for its work,  I'm betting.

It does, but also an extra pci express slot, and can take 2 gigs of memory,
and space for more HD.

 I have two HD's in my (similar) machine, one for aps and the other  for
storage but am using outboard firewire drive for backup.

I wasn't necessarily touting that machine, just pointing out the pricing of
what is becoming a cheap commodity.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com