Subject: [Leica] Mac desktop for Photoshop CS2?
From: harrison at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary)
Date: Sun Nov 19 16:04:52 2006

Jeffery Smith wrote:

> For those of you out there who are Mac aficionados, what would be a
> reasonable lower end Mac for use with PS CS2 keeping in mind that I will be
> using it for that ONLY. Maybe an iMac in the $1,500 to $2,000 area? Doesn't
> the Mac handle memory and resources better than Windows XP. Your thoughts
> and suggested are heartily welcomed.

Well Jeffery,

You could get one of the new intel imacs and install bootcamp (free) and
windows XP and it will run all of your current apps just fine and very
very fast.

I have the new MacPro and I run Windows XP on mine via Parallels just to
run CS2 until it is released as a native App for Macintosh with the
intel chips which should be in CS3.  I tell ya this thing is screaming FAST.

I have friends who are windows die hards who bought the new intel imac
and run windows via bootcamp very happily.

--
Harrison McClary
Harrison McClary Photography