Subject: [Leica] Just Tried an M8
From: telyt at earthlink.net (telyt@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Nov 7 08:49:56 2006

David Rodgers <drodgers@casefarms.com> wrote:

> I've been asking myself whether or not an M8 would
> allow me to take better photographs.

The DMR does not allow me to make better photographs.  What it does is
extend the boundaries of several technical limitations I had been facing
with film-based photography.  In particular the high-ISO capabilities of
the DMR have made ISO 800 and 1600 very usable with the technical quality I
want; the DMR's excellent dynamic range combined with the ability to
fine-tune exposure by chimping the histograms mean I get fewer blown
highlights, if any (a big trash-can filler with film & white plumage); and
the extremely low cost of mistakes means I'm much more likely to push the
button when the gut says "NOW" instead of the moment's hesitation when the
brain is thinking of the cost of processing.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

http://mail2web.com/ .