Subject: [Leica] Re: More on storage
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Wed Aug 16 09:37:04 2006

At 10:04 PM -0400 8/15/06, Lawrence Zeitlin wrote:

>A better question is why I own more computers than Leicas.
>Unfortunately the price of obsolete computers plummets faster than a
>brick dropped from a steeple. I found that even Goodwill won't take
>old computers. My school district wants only the latest stuff.
>Indeed, if any LUGGER wants a really old Mac and will pay the
>shipping charges, contact me off list. My wife will appreciate it.
>
>Larry Z

A bunch of years ago I got a new Mac and wanted to sell the old one,
a Quadra 900. A very _large_ item. I put it in the local Buy&Sell
paper, and on Sunday morning got a call from an interested party.

Turned out he was passing through Vancouver, and remembered that he
had promised the people he was going to visit that he was going to
bring a Mac. He needed one right away, before 3pm.

So I managed to sell that one for a good price, and my last knowledge
of it was that it was on its way to Fiji. I guess there wasn't a Mac
laptop available in Vancouver at the time, but that 900 was about as
far from portable as a personal computer could get.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design