Subject: [Leica] Interesting 50mm variation (eBay shame?)
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Thu Aug 3 09:11:39 2006

In my experience as both buyer and seller - the photo listings are by
far the most trustworthy group if you watch for buyers and sellers
with 99.5 - 100% feedback; and avoid the "email me for this
unbelievable deal." There seem to be geographic areas (which I'm not
going to mention because I don't wish to paint with a broad brush)
which I avoid because they seem to have a history of problems of one
sort or another. I'd suggest that you start by simply watching
closely the items which interest you. Then jump in on some small
items to get a feel for how it all works. Take note of the feedback
when transactions complete. I believe that there's a bit of a
learning curve to discover the nuances of buying and selling on the
bay - not unlike buying and selling at actual live auctions, which I
used to do quite a bit of. There too, I signed up as a buyer,
received a paddle and simply watched how each auctioneer did their
business. After a few auctions, I became comfortable enough to bid on
some inexpensive items and gradually found the comfort level to jump
in on higher priced items.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@imagist.com