Subject: [Leica] Holy Haysus B.D. are you at it again?
From: leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Wed Aug 2 11:09:10 2006

On 2 Aug 2006 at 10:46, Lottermoser George wrote:

>  From what I can piece together - it seems that the "terrorists" will
> remain labeled as such, no matter how well they're equipped. To have
> your label move from "terrorist" to "patriotic hero" you have to be
> sworn to loyalty to a state government (or hired by same government).
> Anyone who fights in opposition to state governments is liable to be
> labeled "terrorist." I think I go that right? : ^ )

Close.  You have to be sworn to an ACCEPTABLE state government.
"Terrorist" is the new "Commie Pinko Atheist Gay."  It translates,
loosely, as "anyone Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld/Rove doesn't like."

Syrians, Iranians, North Koreans, Cubans, Venezuelans, Democrats,
Liberals, leftists of any stripe, anyone attacking, disturbing, or
documenting Israel-US interests or ties, and anyone looking
disapprovingly at Shrubbus Maximus will be terrorists REGARDLESS of
uniforms and loyalty oaths.

All is not lost, however.  Once a week (or whenever the poll numbers
start dropping) one lucky member of one of the above groups, chosen
at random, will be declared the "Arch Terrorist" and receive promises
of free room, board, medical care, and dental adjustments, for the
rest of their lives, as well as far more press and media coverage
than anyone on the planet except missing teenage blondes with big
<cough>.

I never thought of how much I'd miss being a conspiracy theorist.
Now I'm turning out to be right, and I can't even feel good about "I
told you so."
--

R. Clayton McKee                           http://www.rcmckee.com
Photojournalist                               rcmckee@rcmckee.com