Subject: [Leica] Non-Photography Day
From: Afterswift at aol.com (Afterswift@aol.com)
Date: Fri Jul 7 13:59:43 2006

In a message dated 7/7/06 12:48:00 PM, lug-request@leica-users.org writes:

> That also goes for me. I'm not paying attention to it. Anyway, if I?
> started paying attention to other photographers on what to do, then?
> that's the time to start selling refrigerators to Inuits.
>
> Slobodan Dimitrov
> ---------------------
Hi Slobodan,

I always keep a film camera with me -- mostly my CL. But we should remain
objective and stay in balance. The fact is that we can't eat the photo of an
ice
cream cone. What we can do with a camera is hold forever a representation of
significant confluence of visual elements that will never be repeated.
That's what art photographers, photojournalists and documentary
photographers
do.

I had an interesting experience with illusion. To sign for my order at an
electrical supply house I noticed a brand new yellow Ticonderoga pencil on
the
counter. I made a grab for it. I came up with thin air. When I looked again
realized it was an excellent reproduction of a pencil on slick paper.

Best,
Bob