Subject: [Leica] A modern website
From: Harvey.Arche at jp2hs.org (Arche, Harvey)
Date: Wed Apr 5 06:13:58 2006

"Afraid they're going to steal your soul?;^)"

Yeah, as bizarre an atavism as that is for a professed atheist to admit
to. But seriously, I think that at some level we all know that there is
big potential for a kind of violence against other people in taking
their pictures at unguarded moments (which are also the best kind). One
of the many things that has me hooked on this list is seeing, often in
small ways, how this awareness shows up in other peoples posts.
For me this is the central ambiguity to 'street photography'- if you're
NOT aware of how cruel it can be, then the work would come off as just
mean spirited.
Letting yourself be photographed requires a degree of trust, doesn't it?
Conversely, how trustworthy are my motives in taking strangers pictures?
Arche

Ric wrote:
Hey, Arche, those are pretty strong terms. Loathe? I don't care to
see pictures of MY bloating, balding frame either, but "loathe and
furiously resent" sounds a little pathological.

Afraid they're going to steal your soul?;^)

Ric Carter
http://gallery.leica-users.org/Passing-Fancies