Subject: [Leica] OT: Lancia Flaminia
From: dmdorn_ct_usa at mac.com (David M. Dorn)
Date: Wed Jan 25 08:31:57 2006

This tread brings back old memories.  My first and probably only "real
car" was a Lancia Fulvia coupe.

The electrics were a problem!!  Years after I sold it, a friend in
Italy told me how you cured the electrical problems.  He told me anyone
buying a Lancia, even new, took it to his mechanic and had any part
that said Marelli replaced with Bosch.  No problems after that.   Too
bad I did not know that then.

The only other issue was due to the caburation - 2 2-barrel Webers.  It
did not like like Vermont ski trip weather.  Morning starts required a
jump and not just a short one.  I sounded like the starting of a
DC-3...first one cylinder then another....until all four were firing
regularly.  Fellow skiers would come out just to listen.

David