Subject: [Leica] Rapidgrip & Competitors
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (feli)
Date: Fri Nov 11 11:49:07 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: pmcc <pmcc_2000@yahoo.com>

Of the two, settling aside price, which
do you prefer, the current Leicavit or the
TA Rapidwinder?

Peter.
SF, CA

=================================

The Leicavit is very well made and will survive pretty much anything, but
the most reckless abuse.
The Rapidwinder is very well made and will survive pretty much anything,
including the most reckless abuse.

I prefer the trigger lock on the Rapidwinder. There is nothing wrong with
the lock on the Leicavit, it's just different.

The Rapidwinder is cheaper. I picked up a Leicavit demo, so it was heavily
discounted.

The Rapidwinder can be user serviced. You could probably do the same with
the Leicavit, but Leica never intended
users to poke around in there.

Out of the box the Leicavit is quieter, or at least mine is.

That said, I picked the Leicavit, because it is slimmer, lighter and the
price was right on the demo unit I picked up.
You can't go wrong with either.

Feli

Feli di Giorgio                 feli2@earthlink.net
www.elanphotos.com