Subject: [Leica] Digital M futures
From: pmcc_2000 at yahoo.com (pmcc)
Date: Tue Nov 1 11:15:07 2005

--- Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> wrote:

> Also we were asked for our response on a digital
> version which would triple
> resolution.
> Lots of hands shot up from the crowd. With eyeballs
> in the middle of the
> palms. Blinking.

Mark, allow me to elaborate for the benefit
of anyone who was out of the room.

Stefan asked the group how many of us would
be interested in a Digital M variation that
delivered triple the resolution with the
same size sensor and pixel count, but in
*black and white* only.  That's when hands
shot up and pants got damp all over the room.
I didn't quite follow the proposed technical
implementation -- something about eliminating
RGB from the pixels und-so-weiter -- because
at the time I was preoccupied with the need
for fresh undergarments.

Afterwards Mark said he would start a savings
account with a goal of $5K by Photokina.

Peter.
SF, CA

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Digital M futures)