Subject: [Leica] image storage
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu Sep 15 08:25:53 2005

At 12:16 AM 9/15/2005, you wrote:
>I am always a bit leery of any archiving software, at least if it
>involves compression. I do my backups using the copy-paste commands
>to an external HD; once I have verified that the copy is good, I
>then delete the folder from the primary HD. Every image is also
>backed up up on DVD.

Archive Creator doesn't compress at all.  It just sorts through your
folder of photos, determines how many DVDs will be required, burns an
HTML index for the whole series and prompts you to put in another DVD
after each one is burned.  The image files are not changed at all,
just burned to DVDs as they are.  I do have 6 external hard drives
hooked up to the computer and store photos on those until I can get
around to burning the DVDs but I'd never be able to afford enough GBs
to store all of my photos on hard drives.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com

Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] image storage)
Message from nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] image storage)