Subject: [Leica] re: Where to go?
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Sun Jun 26 19:30:57 2005

> Don't you have a place where  you've always wanted to go? If you don't
> have this sort of interest,  you might as well stay home.

Having spent most of a decade living in Pittsburgh, I disagree. Pittsburgh
is a wonderful town to visit and in which to take pictures. But who would
know that unless they asked?

In the same category of places that you wouldn't suspect are great to visit
with a camera, I'd second the earlier suggestion of Krakow, add Valparaiso
Chile. Most oceanside cities that once had thriving fishery industry and
don't any more. Anyplace that has at least 4 hotels but is 2 hours or more
from an airport that lands jets. Anyplace in New Zealand.

Stay away from Nachitoches, Louisiana, though, because you'll never get
pictures as good as that town's resident photographer.

Replies: Reply from joelct at singnet.com.sg (joelct) ([Leica] re: Where to go?)