Subject: [Leica] Celebration. paw 16
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun May 15 16:07:09 2005

Luis Miguel Casta?eda showed:

> Celebrating Andrea?s baptism, with everybody sitting in circle, the mirror
> was a invaluable help.
>
> http://www.imaginarymagnitude.net/blog/archives/2005/05/celebration.html
> or
> http://tinyurl.com/dunnf<<<<<<<<<<

Hi Luis,
I really can't make out what the heck is going on here? I think the use of
the mirror is a good idea as I do that quite often myself when it can be
effective.

However, I just don't see a circle according to a celebration. A circle of
confusion maybe? But what are we supposed to see here?

I'm not trying to be a smart ass I just don't see the point of the picture
as posted. I also find the "pointed hat?" on the right side of the frame
disturbing as it's a strong distraction. What is it in any event?

Sorry I don't think it's worth posting if you were expecting a bunch of
happy great picture kind of remarks. :-(

And in case you were to ask... "What would I have done?" I really don't know
on this one as I look at it, as I feel it's the kind of location you'd have
to be there to see the layout and who and where Andrea was within the scene
to justify shooting something. Or using the mirror more effectively..

And if that's you in the mirror? To me that's nearly always a no-no unless
you really need to be in the photo as part of the family picture. Maybe you
are?

However, sorry this picture doesn't do anything for me as an outside viewer
simply because I don't understand what it's all about. A celebration you
say, but it looks like a bunch of folks just hanging out gabbing!

ted

Replies: Reply from lmc at interlink.es (Luis Miguel Castañeda) ([Leica] Celebration. paw 16)