Subject: [Leica] Photojournalists and permission
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Tue Apr 19 08:13:43 2005

In a message dated 4/19/2005 10:04:46 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
feli2@earthlink.net writes:

> Breaking news photographs are one  thing, but "regular people in the
> street" photographs  almost  always are cleared beforehand. It's very
> easy to get your pants sued  off otherwise.
Maybe where you are Karen, but here it is just not so.   Even though i am no
longer a photo-journalist by trade, I am not obliged to get  permission.

I know of at least one brash photog in Japan who  doesn't get permission:
http://masamania.com/

another in HK :   http://www.overshadowed.com/

Regards,
Sonny