Subject: [Leica] WAS...... Admiration .... NOW DIVING!
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed Mar 30 19:33:21 2005

Gerry Walden offered:
> They couldn't have been that bad after all - I have just been told I made
> the front cover!!! Although they are not Leica shots, you can see them (if
> you wish) at Peter Waterfield
<http://www.pbase.com/gwpics/sweat>.

Hi Gerry,
Good for you! :-)

Any cover is a good picture! :-) And creates the stomach squiggles when you
see it. :-) That's the neat part always! And these are all from the original
shoot that you were disappointed in?

When you knock off a cover your work can't be all bad no matter the subject,
but in this case you did very good considering your original post of how bad
it looked to you.

As you said originally, "the static shots are all fine." And they are, no
problem. It was the twisting, twirling dropping like a rock that caused your
grief. Of those shown here action ones are fine under the circumstance, as I
understand you'd never shot diving before.

However, there are two I'd dump right off. 0350 and 0351 as they do nothing
for the diver's form nor for your photo ability. ;-) Both are crucial to get
rid of. ;-) One for the diver in finding new sponsors and you your next
"diving shoot!" :-)

Well done and hopefully you'll have more!

ted

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Admiration for Ted and many others!)
Message from gwpics at netscape.net (Gerry walden) ([Leica] Admiration for Ted and many others!)