Subject: [Leica] Photos from the commissioning of the JIMMY CARTER
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Tue Feb 22 20:34:37 2005

This past weekend I was priviliged to attend the commissioning of the
USS JIMMY CARTER SSN 23 in Groton, CT. My son, Erik, is on the crew.

<http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2005/02/19/CarterCommissioning/index.html>

I did get a tour but photography inside was rather, ah, discouraged.

After the commissioning I met a gentlemen, who doesn't subscribe to
this list (or at least CLAIMS he doesn't) carrying an M6 with a 35mm
summicron. He is VERY worried about the future of Leica. There was
something about him that suggested "investment banker" or the head of
a large corporation. He has a very very bad feeling about Leica's
future.

As always comments are most welcome.

adam

Replies: Reply from dennis at hale-pohaku.com (Dennis Painter) ([Leica] Photos from the commissioning of the JIMMY CARTER)