Subject: [Leica] Re:1Ds Mk II at ISO 3200 & 20D SURPRISE SURPRISE! ;-)
From: FELIXMATURANA at telefonica.net (Félix López de Maturana)
Date: Tue Feb 8 11:07:53 2005

>Yep, for some reason tungsten lighting is the achilles heal of digital
>Canon cameras.

Not so sure! I'm in my third generation of Canon DSLR and always travel with
a grey card in my bag. By the way is the grey card that comes in the Leica
Passport. Always, I'll repeat, always that color temperature seems to be
some tricky I shoot a picture of the grey card and adjust the manual white
balance. Few seconds and the pictures are color dead on! The problem comes
when the light and color temperature are mixed, for instance when you shoot
outdoors and are helped with artificial light. Then the most sure way of
acting is carry with you a color meter and set the camera with the kelvin
degrees measured by the meter.Anyway the output may vary but not depending
on the camera but on the light mix.

Feli, in my experience -that includes several digital cameras- Canon, again,
is among the best. It's my personal experience...yours?

Regards

Felix

Replies: Reply from feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli) ([Leica] Re:1Ds Mk II at ISO 3200 & 20D SURPRISE SURPRISE! ;-))