Subject: [Leica] Cosina/Voigtlander 18mm f:4 ?
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat Dec 25 15:13:52 2004

Because, BD, the M-only community does not need to deal with the problems of
finding an adapter ( which could be 50 years old itself) , making sure it
does not stick to the body ( at which point your other lenses are useless
until you find the rear lens cap that allows you to take the damned thing
off the body) and deal with the problems of doing this once for each and
every lens you have.... It is annoying and to be honest, not consumer
friendly.

I don't give a hoot about the zillions of users that are using 50+ year old
technology.   Most of those cameras ( Fed and others) were and are toast.
Sure, some of them probably are working, but a lot more were not at the
caliber of Leica, and are most likely useless, or not used at all  ( swapped
in for a digital thingie?).   I want something that fits MY cameras.  And
since I control my spending habits, I will not buy anything from CV that
does not have a M mount, except in those cases where there is no choice.
The 15 and 12 are the only 2 lenses that fall into this camp.  I own the 15.

If Mr. Kobiyashi wants to appeal to the Japanese market, so be it.  He can
offer the lens with a locktited M mount on the rear or he can have the M
mount be one with the lens.  But a removable adapter is not acceptable to
me.  But he is making a mistake in not taking into consideration the rest of
the world that does not want a LTM lens with an adapter.  He can charge for
it, and sell it to those of us that want only an M mount lens.

He should offer both.  Simple solution.  Order the one that fits your needs.
Marketing 1 ( not even a graduate level course!)

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Cosina/Voigtlander 18mm f:4 ?)