Subject: [Leica] First Snow and Christmas: Digilux 2
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Mon Dec 20 13:38:29 2004

The town I live in west of Boston occasionally has snowless winters
but this will not be one of them.  We had our first persistent snow
this morning:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Christmas-and-First-Snow/L1000051_adj_web.

(Digilux 2 ISO 100 Auto Mode.)

Christmas decorations are up but not necessarily limited to evergreens:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Christmas-and-First-Snow/L1000064_adj_web

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Christmas-and-First-Snow/L1000065_adj_web.

(Digilux 2 ISO 100 Auto Mode.)

...and the Town powered up their Christmas lights on the Common yesterday:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Christmas-and-First-Snow/L1000039_web

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Christmas-and-First-Snow/L1000024_adj_web.

(Digilux 2 ISO 400 Manual Mode f2.0 at 1/8th second.)

I just got the Digilux 2 and these are among the first pictures I've
taken with it.   The handling, noise and image quality are about as
expected from the reviews and comments on the LUG.

It's really cold and windy here today so I've also learned that you
can use it with thin gloves but CANNOT with numb fingers.  Numb
fingers not withstanding, I'm having a great time with the camera.

The photo of the Christmas tree in Lincoln Center I posted last week
proved to be dull, dull, dull when I printed it out.  I've made some
adjustments and re-posted the photo here:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Christmas-and-First-Snow/PC110015_adj_web.

I think it's better on the screen this way, too.

Comments and suggestions always welcome.

Any one else have photos of Christmas decorations in their part of
the world they can post?

--
Regards,

Dick