Subject: [Leica] Hoods for Leica lenses
From: jbcollier at (John Collier)
Date: Sat Sep 4 06:33:14 2004

The Summitar and collapsible Summicron use big honking square hoods
(barn door style) that fold flat when not in use. Yes the lenses are
flare prone. Personally I would sell the lenses and upgrade to a newer
lens with better coatings and what not so you do not need such a huge

SOOPD for the Summitar
SOOFM for the Summicron

If it is the later 135/4 Elmar from the early sixties then the
IUFOO/12575 is the one you want.

John Collier

On Mar 16, 2004, at 9:43 AM, CAN wrote:

> I have the following lenses.
> A collapsable  50 summitar
> A collapsable 50 summicron
> And a 134 4.0 elmar
> What hoods can I use? I have the hood for the new 50 2.8 elmar but I
> still
> get flare. Any thoughts? It does not have to be Leica. I use my
> cameras....

To unsubscribe, see

Replies: Reply from nickelca at (CAN) ([Leica] Hoods for Leica lenses)