Subject: [Leica] Leica newbie inquiry
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Thu May 27 20:51:59 2004

on 5/27/04 6:34 PM, Rick Dykstra at rdcb37@cyberone.com.au wrote:

> I have used M and R cameras simultaneously, hand held, on many
> occasions and always experience sharper images at slow speeds with the
> M.  That is, any speed below 1/60th.  With an M and reasonably good
> technique, 1/15th is a viable speed with 35 or 50mm lenses, even for
> important shots.

I have found that with longer lenses a shoulder stock combined with a
monopod make a decent camera support for lenses as large as the 280 f/4 APO
and 400mm f/6.8.  I've run a few tests of the slow-shutter capability nd
I've found that 1/15 sec is viable with the 280 and this setup when I'm
leaning against something solid.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com