Subject: Re: [Leica] The amazing Leicaflex SL
From: Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 08:15:13 +0100 (MET)

> I'm not sure the SL and SL2 screens are fully interchangable - it has
> something to do with the added aperture display in the SL2.  Feli, I
> think you'd do well to borrow an SL2 first (or, find one at a store) to
> see if you really want the split-image focussing aid.  IMHO neither the
> split-image thingie or the coarse microprism surrounding (SL2 standard)
> it is big enough to be used easily, but the microprism w/o the split
> image (SL standard) is.

On one of my Rolleicords I have a split-image screen. It was on my second
one and at first I thought it would be really nice. But I find myself
focussing without it all the time. It just gets in the way. The details I
focus on (eyes in portraits) just do not lend themselves to being focused
with split images.

Daniel