Subject: RE: [Leica] The amazing Leicaflex SL
From: "Gary Williams" <nasmformyzombie@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 23:28:18 -0500

> Operationally the SL is as close to an M6 as you'll find in an SLR:
> all it has is controls for focus, shutter speed, aperture and film
> transport; the limited-area meter is similar too.  From what I've read

> the R6.2 is a good solid camera, and I have no doubt the FM3a is too.

> The SL gives you the sensory feedback of a Leica, which is a whole
> different thing.

that sounds good. Maybe I should give it a whirl since there's a couple
of these SLs sitting in the second hand camera stores over here where i
live. It would be a good chance to find out for myself wat exactly is
the magic behind that viewfinder of the SL :)

thanks for the info! :)

boon hwee

Several significant differences in the SL and M:  much greater weight of
the SL kit and inferior quality of the R wide angle lenses when compared
to the M system.

With all due respect to the SL, the SL compares to an M much like a mule
compares to thoroughbred.

Gary

Replies: Reply from RUBEN BLĘDEL <ruben@rhodos.dk> (Re: [Leica] The amazing Leicaflex SL)