Subject: RE: [Leica] OT-- Films about Canada
From: Tim Atherton <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2004 12:19:28 -0700

All sorts of good (and not so good) Canadian movies

Men With Brooms was a good start on the strange Canadian obsession with
curling...

Off the top of my head

Try and hunt down the series Trailer Park Boys - I think it's just been
picked up sooth of the border (excellent!) - but I don't think Halifax likes
the way it is portrayed...

The Shipping News

Margaret's Museum

Swann

(Last Night
 Exotica
 Highway 61
 The Sweet Hereafter
 Thirty Two Short Films About Glenn Gould)  none of which are your normal
mainstream films about Canada or Canadians, but to me all embody a certain
amount of the Canadian psyche (actually, almost any film by Atom Egoyan or
David Cronenberg always seem to include some of this, subconsciously)

tim