Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Digilux 2 images on Leica-Camera.com
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 19:07:48 -0500

Don't hold your breath, Felix...;-)

- -----Original Message-----
From: owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
[mailto:owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us] On Behalf Of Félix
López de Maturana
Sent: Sunday, January 04, 2004 5:53 PM
To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

>My local dealer yesterday showed me the MAP (Minimum Advertised Price)
>in the Leica book for the D2 at US $1850.
>
>Yes, too high for what it is.
>
>Will von Dauster
>Denver

I have ordered a Sony 828. 8 Mpixels, with a Carl Zeiss 28-200 mm, 4
colour sensor, very short shooting delay, two different cards, magnesium
body and very well built, in fact a excellent p&s digital! Price: 60% of
new Digilux. Both will have for sure a lot of noise at high ASA values
due to the small size of sensor but quite usable at 100 ASA. Why paying
more! In my humble opinion the Sony is the small digital camera to use
right now.

May be in the future there will be a Leica M digital with full frame
sensor, 64-1600 ASA and ready for using M lenses. Not yet.

Felix