Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: Noctilux-M v. Summilux-R
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 20:55:15 -0700

I have been very fortunate in that my Noctilux and my 0.72 couple
perfectly. If the images coincide crisply, it's in focus on the film.
Naturally the long well damped focus range slows you down and ANY
subject/photographer motion automatically puts you out of the ball
park. I usually set a working distance and then shift the camera back
and forth to focus. In a fast moving photojournalistic situation all
bets are off at f/1.

I know what you mean about your daughters photographs. Every time I get
to thinking it is too heavy and slow, I sit down and look at the
chromes. When the conditions are right the Noctilux just sings.

John Collier