Subject: RE: [Leica] Noctilux-M v. Summilux-R
From: Douglas Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 09:19:32 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

Don Dory <dorysrus@mindspring.com> wrote:

> ... acquire a M-R adapter which would get you to the 12" range with the
> Noctilux; of course you would have the discontinuity using an extension
> tube.

Don, have you tried this?  I haven't done the math but I suspect the additional body thickness of the R plus the thickness of the viso-to-R adapter would give the Noct a maximum focus on the R body much closer than 12".

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from Seth Rosner <sethrosner@direcway.com> (Re: [Leica] Noctilux-M v. Summilux-R)