Subject: Re: [Leica] ?hammerton LHSA viewfinder mag question?
From: Seth Rosner <sethrosner@direcway.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 09:00:19 -0500

Hello Don:

You are correct about the 0.72 finder on the hammertone MP.

I will remonstrate mildly about your application of the "propaganda" epithet
to LHSA. Webster defines the word as: "any systematic, widespread,
deliberate indoctrination or plan for such indoctrination: now often used in
a derogatory sense, connoting deception or distortion."

The word derives from "propagate" and has been used in terms of the
"propagation of the faith" a neutral meaning that carries no negative sense.
But for the last 60 years or so. it bears connotations of Nazi Germany,
fascist Italy, Soviet Russia and the rest of the Communist world.

And is an incorrect and oblique slap at LHSA and one that I am certain was
not intentional.

Loving you all the same,

Seth                     LaK 9