Subject: [Leica] War photos banned vs my mom
From: Kyle Cassidy <KCassidy@asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 13:21:56 -0500

> The very picture from the first Iraq war with a burnt Iraq soldier
> dead  trying to get out of the amoured truck was shown in an early 90

When judging war photos, I use the mom test: would I give this photo to my
mother to hang on her wall? If it's got burt dead bodies or any other sort
of ugly horror in it, it has no place in a publication in this country, I'll
leave that to the snuff-shot sickos of the european media.

Just my .02

Kc

Replies: Reply from eric@jphotog.com (Re: [Leica] War photos banned vs my mom)