Subject: [Leica] Re: CL (was: A Question of Which 90 Especially the 90mm 4.0 for CL)
From: Nathan Wajsman <n.wajsman@chello.nl>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 07:57:40 +0100

Buzz Hausner wrote:

> I would recommend against using any 90mm Elmarit on the CL because of
> the short rangefinder base.

I agree there, I once tried my 90 Apo Summicron on my CL, and it was at best
a hit-or-miss proposition.

>  If you check the archives, you will also
> find that I recommend against using the Leica CL in general because it
> is your basic pooch for a lot of reasons which I will be happy to
> discuss off-list.

I violently disagree there. I have been using my two CLs more than my
M-cameras in the past few months because of my weekly trips to Spain and the
need to travel light, and I definitely do not consider them pooches. Sure,
when I go out on weekends or do not need to travel light, I much prefer my
M6 and M7. But the CL is a very good compact camera, and I have the pictures
to prove it.

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman