Subject: [Leica] RE:RE: Photoshop 7.0 for Mac OS
From: Félix López de Maturana <fmaturana@euskalnet.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 21:47:27 +0100

                                                         Polydore Smith
>For that $779 upgrade,
>one is getting almost $2,000 worth of software.

Eric

I'm ready to agree. But firstly, please, clear me up about these concepts.
Adobe's applications cost a lot of money. How many men hours and structural
costs involved in the developing of a new version? Plus, how much in
marketing, etc, costs? I, still, believe that they are asking us as much as
they expect to get up to the moment, as it happens in a monopoly, the
potential consumer says: Not anymore. You know in a monopoly you can either
buying or not buying you cannot "never" discuss the conditions. Same thing
in a oligopoly.

$2000 worth? How is this calculated? You mean cost? If it's for leisure is
frankly exaggerated. If it is a cost for professional activities I agree
with you that other packages do the work in similar way at a more reasonable
price but PS it's considered a standard and so many people will pay for it
as much as Adobe will request. In fact they do that.

Again, I sincerely believe price do not correspond to real costs but to
selling opportunities. I may be wrong but only Adobes know. BTW in 1965 some
not very clever university made me a graduated in Economics.

Kind regards

Felix

Replies: Reply from Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com> (Re: [Leica] RE:RE: Photoshop 7.0 for Mac OS)
Reply from Nathan Wajsman <n.wajsman@chello.nl> (Re: [Leica] RE:RE: Photoshop 7.0 for Mac OS)