Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Farm Tractors &SUV's
From: Johnny Deadman <lists@johnbrownlow.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 08:26:55 -0500

Unlikely as it seems I am now the owner, or at least operator, of two
vintage International tractors with crash boxes, and you certainly need
to dab the clutch on the downchange or they make a terrible racket. On
the upchange you can just wait for the revs to die a bit.

I learned the technique on my first car, a Hillman Hunter (anyone
remember them?) which didn't have syncromesh on first.

(Incidentally, I LOVE having separate brakes for the rear wheels on the
tractors, that and the stomp pedal that locks the differential... wish
our truck had these...)