Subject: Re: [Leica] f2 35mm with eyes question
From: John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 10:29:37 -0700

No the only claim to fame is through bicycle commuting and that is
mostly local fame. I did appear on the National once and received calls
from from a number of cranks for a while afterwards. So no real-estate,
no short stories, no photojournalism, no magazine or whatever else my
namesakes have been up to.

The name derives from the coal pits in the UK; much like Miller, Smith,
etc. A coal pit was a colliery and a coal miner was a collier. My
family ended up in Ireland as tenet farmers (smell of bacon on Sunday,
the rent went up on Monday) and we can trace ourselves back there three
hundred years at least. So who knows when we popped over from the UK.
My parents came to Canada in 1953.

The eyes certainly do not make the view clearer and that is why some
people dislike them. After a good cleaning it is OK. Whether my OK is
good enough for you only experience can tell.

John Collier (but not that John Collier)

Message from John Collier <jbcollier@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] f2 35mm with eyes question)
Message from Karen Nakamura <mail@gpsy.com> (Re: [Leica] f2 35mm with eyes question)