Subject: RE: [Leica] OT photo question
From: "langhans" <langhans@compwrx.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 05:56:45 -0800

> Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 16:03:35 -0600
> From: George Lottermoser <imagist@imagist.cnc.net>
> Subject: RE: [Leica] OT photo question
> Indeed I do mean actually photograph with light sensitive material. I
first came accross this fellows work about 5 years ago in one of the
art-photo magazines. He would seal off hotel room windows with black vinyl
and create a pin hole. Then would photograph (extremely long exposures) the
image projected, upside down of course, into the interior of the room. In
other words he brought the image of the outside inside and then imaged the
combination. A very intriguing conceptual and visual presentation.

I don't know who that person is, but it reminds me of my first classroom.
It had a large bank of windows and an opaque curtain I would have to close
when showing films.  One of the first times I did this, an observant kid
shreaked that he could see the kids in the playground outside on the wall.
We looked and up in the corner of the room was the image being formed from a
hole in the curtain.  For 9 years it was a curiosity and a teaching tool for
light.

Aram