Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica R / Canon Digital
From: frank.dernie@btinternet.com
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 16:52:09 +0000 (GMT)

My experience is the same. The focusing screen on the 10D is not as good for manual focusing as that in the R8 but I get along OK with my 280 wide open. My understanding re the focus problems with some 10Ds was to do with autofocus only and could be adjusted out, mine has been no problem anyway FWIW. My only problem with the Leica R lenses on the 10D is stop down metering so I use the 80 and 280 wide open on stopped down 1 stop or the 100 on a tripod.
cheers
Frank