Subject: [Leica] RE: Jerry Lehrer <jerryleh@pacbell.net>
From: Félix López de Maturana <fmaturana@euskalnet.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 15:28:28 +0100

>Felix
>
>I ask again!  Have you ever heard of the Albigensians?  (Binschgauer auf
>Deutsch)
>
>Jerry

Sorry Jerry

I didn't realize your previous message was for me! I know Albigensians were
a people massacred for their heresy in the first centuries of second
millennium, but I do not remember very well what was the form of intolerance
in their case. I promise a refreshing lecture on my rather wide library
about it and commenting after about it with you.

We are a country not well trained on religious freedom, just some years, but
we know very well terrorism, right now, and wars, civil wars not distant
wars, conflicts were people come to get you out of home and execute you
immediately on the nearest wall,my father's brother, and all this kind of
scorn of human condition.

So, whatever could be the history of Albigensians, I'll not approve the
assassination, nor the war, neither the executions and I'll think that
soldiers are a necessity due to the deficiency of human condition not a
system to be proud of. I do not mean that nobody is guilty, I mean that
nobody is absolutely innocent (men in power not population).

I always thought than a flag is erected to be "against" another flag. I
never felt the proud of being from a particular nation but I believe in
human solidarity. Technicians say, I do not know, that our planet has enough
facilities for "every" inhabitant necessities. May be I'm an idealist but I
think that if there are not, and they aren't, fulfilled them something in
our systems is absolutely wrong. I'm not innocent, but I know it.

Felix