Subject: RE: [Leica] XXX of the YYY? WAS (something else) (fwd)
From: Marc James Small <msmall@infionline.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 20:42:30 -0500

At 07:43 PM 11/16/03 -0500, B. D. Colen wrote:
>But we both know that what we are talking about is a VERY political
>decision by an administration in which no one wipes his or her butt
>without getting toilet paper from Karl Rove, who checks it for its
>political value.

BD

You have never served with the military and I can only say that your
assessment of the interplay between the military and administration is
exceedingly bizarre.

If I were the current President faced with a constant terrorist threat, I
would certainly expect my military leaders to ban any civilians from
presence on a military base without more.  (For instance all but a VERY few
Army museums are currently closed to the public or on very restricted access.)

And your assessment of the ability of the President to micromanage details
such as this is most flattering, no doubt, to the President but conflicts
with the reality that he has only seven days a week and 24 hours a day in
which to work.  Even Sauron at his best could not bend time to accomplish
half of the evil deeds you attribute to him.

Finally, any commentary on the political activities of the Bush 43
administration is absurd when it comes from a yellow-dog Clinton loyalist
such as yourself.  It was, after all, Bill Clinton who sent out
half-a-billion dollars worth of cruise missiles in an effort to divert
attention from his many falsehoods over his sexual peccadillos -- and ended
up destroying a Sudanese aspirin factory.

No, the military has sound reasons to exclude journalits from covering
returning military aircraft and to keep them at a reasonable distance from
funeral parties at military cemeteries.  There is no reason for even most
conspiratorial of National Enquirer reporters to look further.

Marc

msmall@infionline.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!