Subject: Re: [Leica] Two new old images - Now FIVE images...
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 19:01:49 -0800

B. D. Colen showed:
Two new old images - Now FIVE images...

Hi B.D.,
Very moving photographs and considering they're scanned from a contact sheet
the quality is quite interesting to say the least. I had worked on an
assignment for Somalia with the Canadian Parachute Battalion, unfortunately
these things don't always pan out.

However seeing your photos of the suffering people I'm just as glad the
assignment didn't work out after all. I found after my time in Russia and
the Ukraine photographing children victims of the Chernobyl nuclear power
station disaster, I lost much of my "cool photojournalist" who can handle
anything, disappeared.

With ten grandchildren of my own it's become an impossible task for me these
days to photograph any children of the world suffering from whatever it
maybe. :-(

The success of your scanned contacts opens an avenue of rescue for me due to
several hundred rolls of film lost years ago, that I still have in contact
form. So thank you not only for interesting and moving pictures from
Somalia, but your scanned contacts give not only me hope, but quite probably
others who've lost negs over the years to rescue the best of the lot.

Thanks again for some fine pictures.
ted

Replies: Reply from Leo W Wesson <lwwesson@pier1.com> ([Leica] HCB leica camera)