Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodak Focus now Apple v. Windows
From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 18:14:00 -0700

Seth,

I'm glad you advise them on ethics and not software. :-)

Word made its first appearance on Macintosh, and it could be argued the
best version runs in Mac OS X right now.

Word Perfect is an old Mac program that some people still use in OS 9,
and it was at one point the most popular WP on Macs.

This is the kind of disinformation I was talking about. PC users who
have no clue what is available on Macs telling people untrue things
that cause people to never consider Macs.

In fact, there is a small cottage industry of people who write software
for law offices that use Macs too. For a small legal shop, Macs are a
great choice. Much easier to maintain a network of computers and less
day-to-day maintenance required. Not to mention no viruses of any
significance.

On Monday, September 29, 2003, at 05:26 AM, Seth Rosner wrote:

> Mark, if your lawyer uses a Mac, she is a solo practitioner talking
> only to
> herself. Seventy percent of my practice is counseling lawyers and law
> firms
> on legal ethics and professional responsibility matters. I do not
> recall a
> single one that does not write Word or Word perfect. I am an 18th
> Century
> technology-challenged guy but if I understand correctly, these run on
> Windows, not on Mac.
"In the end they will lay their freedom at our feet and say to us,
'Make us your slaves, but feed us.'" - Dostoevsky

Replies: Reply from Seth Rosner <sethrosner@direcway.com> (Re: [Leica] Kodak Focus now Apple v. Windows)